Stir-fried Vermicelli is a stir-fried noodle served as a home-made dish or at casual eateries in Hanoi. It is made of soaked dried vermicelli which are stir-fried with chopped beefs, shrimps and vegetable, flavored with chili pepper, fish sauce and some other seasonings. Vegetarian version substitutes firm chopped tofu for meats and omit fish sauce. Read on to find out recipe.
- 2grm Vietnamese vermicelli
- 1grm shrimp, finely chopped
- 1grm beef, finely sliced, marinated with chopped garlic and a little salt
- 2grm Chinese cabbage, cut into small pieces
- Garlic, chili pepper, finely chopped
- Seasonings: pepper, salt, fish sauce, sugar
- Soak vermicelli in water in 5 minutes until it becomes tender then cut into matchsticks
- Heat the oil in a frying pan then stir-fry beef and shrimp with garlic and pepper. Cook until firm then serve into a bowl
- Stir fry vegetable over high heat for 2 minutes then serve into a bowl
- Stir fry vermicelli for 2 minutes then mix beef, shrimp, vegetable together and cook for extra 2 minutes.