Cha la lot is a one of my favorite dishes that I’m always eager to eat for my lunch or dinner. La lot is key ingredient to make the dish different from plain meat balls. Here is recipe for cha la lot.
- 400 gram chopped pork
- A pinch of spring onions
- La lot
- Seasonings: pepper, garlic, oil, salt
- Put chopped pork meat and spring onions into a large bowl and mix everything together
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt and mix it again
- Pile mixed pork meat onto la lot leave, fold over the edges then roll it up
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and start frying meat balls for 15 minutes until crisp.
- Serve with rice noodle/rice, fish sauce and herbs on the side
Tips: Add chopped liver to marinated chopped pork, cha becomes more tender.